- "UX Research @ PayPal: Lean UX, Mobile, and Eyetracking" UXPA-DC, Chevy Chase, MD, May, 2013.
- "Why People Hate Your Website" Conversion Conference, Chicago, IL, June 26th, 2012.
- "Things You Couldn't Learn Any Other Way" EyetrackUX, Las Vegas, NV, June 4th, 2012.
- "UX Smackdown! User Testing Techniques in the Ring" SXSW, Austin, TX, March 11th, 2012.
- "Eye spy: Can eye tracking improve your site design?" Internet Retailer Web Design & Usability Conference, Orlando, FL, February 15th, 2012.
- "Barriers to E-Commerce Conversion." Conversion Conference, London, England, December 1st, 2011.
- "10 E-Commerce bloopers you don'€™t want to make, but probably are." Conversion Jam, Stockhom, Sweden, November 28th, 2011.
- "Making Millions Through State-Of-The-Art Mobile and Desktop eCommerce Usability." User Focus, Washington, DC, September 16th, 2011.
- "The Doctor is In." Shop.org Annual Summit, Boston, MA, September 12-14, 2011.
- "E-Commerce Usability: Overcoming Barriers to Adoption." European Conversion Summit, Frankfurt, Germany, September 1, 2011.
- "E-Commerce Usability." Conversion Conference, San Francisco, CA, March 14th-15th, 2011.
- "Top Usability Mistakes that Drive Customers Away -- and How to Avoid Them." Internet Retailer, Orlando, FL, February 14-16, 2011.
- "E-Commerce User Behaviors." User Focus, Washington, DC, October 15th, 2010.
- "Critical Success Factors for E-Commerce User Experience." Conversion Conference East 2010, Washington, DC, October 4-6, 2010.
- "Is Eyetracking worth it? -- The Costs and Benefits of Eyetracking." Usability Professional's Association, Munich, Germany, 24-28 May, 2010.
- "Eyetracked Reading Behaviors of High- and Low-literacy Participants." Society for Technical Communication, Dallas, TX, May 4, 2010.
- "Visual Discoverability of E-Commerce User Interface." Conversion Conference West 2010, San Jose, CA, May 4-5, 2010.
- Workshop: "Design to Read." Computer/Human Interaction (CHI), Atlanta, Georgia, April 10, 2010. With Caroline Jarratt and Helen Petrie.
- Workshop: "Design to Read." Usability Professionals Association, Portland, Oregon, June 8, 2009. With Caroline Jarrett and Whitney Quesenberry.
- "Designing and Writing Forms for the Web." Web Managers University, Washington, DC, May 13, 2009.
- "e-Commerce Eyetracking Usability." EyeTrackUX 2009, Frankfurt, Germany, 22 April 2009.
- Workshop: "Designing for those who don't read well." Human/Computer Interaction Conference, Liverpool, England, September 2, 2008. With Caroline Jarrett.
- "PAP Application Usability and Lessons Learned." Center for Business Intelligence Patient Assistance Programs, Baltimore, MD, March 4, 2008. With Cherie Helms.
- October 12, 2007, Hands-On Introduction to Eyetracking: A Live Demonstration Supplemented by Case Studies, User Focus 2007 , Washington, DC.
- September 27, 2007, How Eyetracking can Benefit User Research, Philadelphia CHI, King of Prussia, PA.
- June 28, 2007, How Eyetracking Can Inform Design Decisions: A Hands On Case Study with the Tobii T60, American Institute of Architects Boardroom.
- April 24, 2007, Getting Users From Point A to Point B: Designing & Writing Tasks for the Web, FDIC Training Facility, Arlington, VA.
- March 14, 2007, Designing and Writing Forms for the Web, Department of Labor, Washington, DC.
- Oct 13, 2006, Designing Online Forms for Users With Lower Literacy Skills. Usability Professionals Association - DC.
- User Friendly 2005, Shanghai, China, 2005, "Designing for a Diverse Audience."
- Usability Professional's Association, Montreal, 2005, "Clear Health Communication on the Web: Making Medical Content Accessible to Users."
- Usability Professionals Association, June 2003. Scottsdale, AZ, "Contextual Inquiry into Children's Reading Working with Children as Research Partners."
- Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI), Minneapolis, 2002, "Research, Analysis, and Design."
- Usability Professional's Association, Las Vegas, 2001, "Don't Tell Me Show Me: The Relationship between Documentary Film and Ethnography."
- American Center for Design, Chicago, 2001, "Rewind: How User Research Helps Redesign Products, Services, Sites."
- "Reading and Navigational Strategies of Web Users with Lower Literacy Skills," ASIS&T Proceedings, Oct 2005. Charlotte, NC
- "Achievement motivation modulates the neural correlates of error detection and correction in a knowledge retrieval task", Cognitive Neuroscience Society, April 2005
- Clear Health Communication on the Web: Making Medical Content Accessible to Lower-Literacy Users. Usability Professionals Association Proceedings, June 2005. Montreal, Canada.
- "Making the Web Friendlier for Lower-Literacy Users", Intercom, June 2004
- "Creating Websites that Work", Houghton-Mifflin, 2003, ISBN: 0618226052
- "Working with Children as Research Partners", Usability Professionals Association Proceedings, June 2003
- "Gathering Requirements", Intercom, Society for Technical Communication, June 2001
Copyright© 2000-2012 SUMMERS Consulting
Last modified: July 2012
Michael presents at User Friendly in Shanghai China